Sunday, November 14, 2004

Cadet blue day


Not exactly sure why, but I was thinking about Crayola colors this afternoon. I think it might have been the weather - overcast, rainy, 38 degrees - it's a very Cadet Blue type of day. So I pulled up Crayola's website and was checking out their chronology of colors. I was shocked by all the changes they've made since the last time I bought a box in elementary school. Back then, the largest box was 64 - now they make boxes of 120! Seriously, how many choices does a 7-year old need to draw a rainbow and some happy clouds?! I guess Ultra Orange was too unimaginative because it was changed to Atomic Tangerine, and then they also added a Neon Carrot color. In 1993 Crayola added Asparagus, Macaroni and Cheese, and Granny Smith Apple. Hungry? Just last year they retired one of my old faves, Mulberry, and replaced it with Jazzberry Jam. Mmmmm jam.

No comments: