Saturday, December 11, 2004

Missing tree...


Well I've really gone and done it this time.

I finally got around to pulling out the Christmas stuff today. The past two years we've had a live tree, but decided to use the artificial one this year to avoid the pine-needle aftermath (the cats love to drink out of the base, and the tree dries up way too quick, thus a million needles in the carpet). It took a while to dig all the stuff out of storage, but I found the lights, the ornaments, the garland, the advent calendar (oops, missed 11 days on that one!), the candy village ... Everything except the damn tree. I KNOW we had a 5 or 6 foot tree. Used it for several years, but not in this apartment. Did it not make the move? Did I at some point accidentally or purposely throw it away? Did someone swipe it from the storage shed? I mean, how does a full sized Christmas tree in it's box just up and disappear?!

I don't know where it is, but it is definitely not here. So I'm going to be making a midnight trip to Wal-Mart to get a new one. Maybe this one won't pull a Houdini on me.

By the way, this picture is of the christmas tree in Zilker Park in Austin. It is just strands spiraling multi colored lights. The tradition is to walk up underneath it, grab a partner (or two or three), look up, and start spinning. Sounds a little nuts, I know, but it's a ton of fun.

No comments: