Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Monks on a roller coaster?

10 days since my last post?! Oh my - I'm such a slacker!!

Well, it has been ages, so here is the quick update:

I finished my last semester of "real" classes this week. I got an A in Practicum, an A in Diversity, and am still in limbo waiting for my Family grade. Last time I talked to my prof I had a C (missed classes + weekly quizzes = C), but I did a load of extra credit (10 page paper on gay parenting), and I'm praying that brought me up to B. Tapping my fingers......

Classes ended on Tuesday and I started my internship on Wednesday. I have to complete 300 hours before July 19, and another 300 hours in the fall. I will be finished with graduate school in December! But for now, I'm thrilled about no more tests, quizzes, or papers - just intern hours - whee!

TBF is graduating with his masters this week and is on the job search. I have a rather excellent grad gift picked out for him.

I bought a new book this week - Lonesome Dove - I've been meaning to read it for years, and I think this is just the time to do it.

Wedding planning is going well. I think I found the perfect ceremony/reception site but am waiting to get back up there with TBF so he can check it out as well.

On my mom's recommendation, I am giving the Michael Thurman 6-week Body Makeover a whirl. After doing it for only 2 days I've found it is kinda exhausting to prepare and eat 5 or 6 mini-meals each day. I know diets are pretty much a lost cause, but I'm gonna give it a week and see how things go. I'm drinking lots of water and exercising too, so I'm expecting good things at least from that.

I'm still working on changing job positions. Several people interviewed for my position this week and admin has narrowed it down to three candidates. I should know something by the end of the week.

So that is that! Hope you are all well and I will be checking back in with my daily reads very soon! :)

No comments: