Monday, June 13, 2005

Be delicious!

A couple of weeks back I ran out of my old perfume and headed over to our only big department store (Dillards - yes, Lubbock is a sad sad town) for a new scent.

I ran around the counters spraying and sniffing and spritzing and sneezing ... and doing my best to avoid the pushy sales lady. But within minutes my nose was so messed up that I couldn't tell one from the next. The last time I went perfume shopping at a higher end store they had little bowls of coffee beans to clear your nose in between sniffs. Coffee beans! Who would've guessed?

Anyhoo, I found a great one. The moment I smelled it I knew it was perfect for me. Not too floral, not too heavy, and god knows not to old-ladyish! The winner? DKNY's Be Delicious. It's presented in a fabulous little metal and glass apple-shaped bottle. Unfortunately I have about as much skill in describing perfume undertones as I do wine notes. So although I would say it is fresh and fruity, you might get a better idea if I use DKNY's description: Amaerican Apple, Cucumber, Grapefruit, Magnolia. Mmmm, DELICIOUS INDEED!

No comments: