Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I'm LOST

I am lost. I didn't watch ABC's Lost last season, in fact, I never really heard that much about it. I got the impression it had kind of a Star Trek kinda sci fi following, but thought it was going to be a single season fly by night show. So it was odd when TBF and I came home the same day last week talking about it. Hype on CNN and local radio, I guess.

Anyway, we TiVo'd it and watched it last week. I was confused about what was going on, so read a couple of message boards to get caught up, but they seemed like they were written by 15-year olds. I decided I'd figure it out soon enough.

Then we watched again tonight, and if I'm not mistaken, tonight's episode was previous to last week's. I know these are re-runs, but why? And why in reverse order? I realize there are supposed to be lots of twists and surprises, but I feel like I may have to give up before I figure out what is going on. I've read several message boards, episode synopsis, and character descriptions, but I still feel like I'm behind.

So far all I know from the past 2 weeks is Walt was kidnapped, then his dad, Sawyer, and the Korean guy went to find him in the jungle. I saw the hatch, and the guy with the gun (what's up with the ancient Apple and the counter reset?), and the mysterious symbol. I saw the teddy bear and the legs of "the others". Am I supposed to know yet about the different groups of people in the island and from whence they come? Anyone know if a good site to catch me up, or want to offer some highlights from last season and whatever we've missed thus far this season?

No comments: