Thursday, November 18, 2004

TV updates

TiVo is going to start using unavoidable pop-up advertising next year. In addition to recording American Idol, skipping through the ads is the main reason I bought the thing. We'll see how it goes, but as long as the new technology doesn't interfere with my ability to save time by fast-forwarding through the commercials, I will try to happily ignore the new ads. -- Wait, before this post, I noticed that there is now a Ford commercial built in to my TiVo showcased programs. Jeez.

Speaking of American Idol, I was so thrilled to see the ad (oh wait, I guess I do watch some of the commercials!) last night that the last three AIs are performing together in a Christmas special. Fantasia and Ruben are great, but Kelly Clarkson is my favorite - I absolutely love her. I cannot wait until January for the 4th season. I'm such a nerd I know.

I found out last week that Six Feet Under is filming their final season. Final?! But it was doing so well. It is hands down the best show on TV, smart story lines and rich characters, and I am really disappointed to see it go. The 5 stages of loss ... denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and finally acceptance ... it appears the characters are reaching the final stage in their lives, and we too will have to learn to cope with the loss.

As much as I have worshiped reality TV over the past few years, it is finally starting to wear on my nerves - a fact I'm sure my boyfriend will be thrilled to hear. Last night we regretfully watched Nanny 911 - great birth control - horrible show. I've never heard more screaming and yelling from both the adults and the kids in my life. Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I will continue to watch Survivor and Apprentice, but in general I'm ready for the pendulum to swing back to some smart dramas.

No comments: