Wednesday, December 15, 2004

GTA Soundtrack

BF finished his last final today so I gave him an early Christmas present - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. He loved Vice City, and has been drooling over the new game for months. Anyway, he got it today, and I probably won't see him for a week. (Plenty of blogging time for me!)

I know, I know, violence, language, prostitutes, drugs... I've heard it. I wouldn't buy it for my 12 year old - no one should. But for the rest of us adults out there, it's pretty damn funny.

Anyway, the soundtrack on the game is incredible. Whenever you carjack someone, you can listen to any of about a dozen radio stations - lots of hip hop, but also rock, country, talk (the fabulous blogger Wil Weaton - c'mon, you remember Gordy from Stand by Me - is even featured on the talk radio station!)

Anyway, as for the soundtrack, here are a few of the tracks from the 1990's that I've missed:
It Takes Two - Rob Base
How I Could Kill a Man - Cypress Hill
Express Yourself - NWA
Nuthin' But a "G" Thang - Dr. Dre
It Was a Good Day - Ice Cube
Let It Whip - Dazz Band
Fantastic Voyage - Lakeside
I Love a Rainy Night - Eddie Rabbit
Crazy - Willie Nelson
Running Down a Dream - Tom Petty
White Wedding - Billy Idol
Pressure Drop - The Maytals
Poison - Bell Biv Devoe
Plush - Stone Temple Pilots
Personal Jesus - Depeche Mode

If you've got Limewire and iTunes (or any other way of stealing, uh, I mean sharing files), check out the GTA:SA playlist. Excellent variety of classic 90s jams.

No comments: