Thursday, December 9, 2004

Nut job psychic


I usually listen to Dallas’ Kidd Kraddick in the morning on my way to work. During a commercial break this morning I switched over to a local radio show, Z102 (have you ever seen a crappier website?), and heard the most asinine psychic ever. The caller just gave her name and age and this is what the psychic came up with:


Psychic Suzanna: Helloooo there, first of, are you pregnant?
Caller: No.
Psychic Suzanna: Are you trying to get pregnant?
Caller: No.
Psychic Suzanna: But don’t you want to be pregnant?
Caller: NO.
Psychic Suzanna: Well then don’t do anything with the lights off (laughs nervously)!
Caller: Um, okaaay...
Psychic Suzanna: And this is for like the next 20 years – really, don’t do anything in the bedroom if you don’t want to get pregnant - because I can see into your future, and you have kids!
Caller: Okay, sure, whatever (disgusted, hangs up).

First of all, I do believe some folks are just more in tune with those who have already passed into the next life (or are still here with us working through some unfinished business). Have you ever seen John Edward’s show where he “talks” to deceased family members of the audience? I guess some of that may be fake, but when it comes down to it, if his message gives the living some peace, isn’t that a good thing? If my father suddenly died in a fiery car crash, and John Edward later told me Dad died quickly and without pain, and that he remembers when we [insert some personal experience that no one else could know], then I think that would help me deal with my grief.

On occasion I’ve even gotten sucked into that pet psychic show on Animal Planet, but I think that lady is full of it. I mean how all-knowing do you have to be to tell me that my cat loves to sleep in the sun, he’s still kinda bitter that I cut off his parts, but other than that he loves me more than life itself and tries to show it by sleeping on my head at night?

John Edward – a fantastic medium, a blessing to those he’s able to reach out to; Pet Psychic – a bit shady, but at least she loves animals; Psychic Suzanna – a total faker, my cat could be a better fortune teller.

No comments: