Monday, February 21, 2005

Happy Prez Day

I hope that some of you are lucky enough to have a govt job that recognizes federal holidays, and that you are at home on the couch in your PJs like me!

*Giggling guiltily b/c TB knows you are at work right now*

In honor of the holiday (and really this has nothing to do with any past presidents or what they did for our country, but hey you already know I'm not a terribly political girl) - here's a little game I found. I apologize, but I neglected to copy down the loverly blog where I found it (if it's you, let me know, and I'll link ya!).

I know lots of my favorite bloggers are avid readers, so this might be fun. Here are the rules:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

Sadly all my closest reads are textbooks, this one happens to be Family Therapy: History, Theory, and Practice by Samuel Gladding.

"When this goal is achieved, the results are usually manifested in changes that are described by the term differentiation. The idea behind differentiation is that individuals have reached a level of maturity in which they can balance their rational and emotional selves and in which they can separate themselves from others in a nonanxious way. When this dynamic occurs, family members can interact thoughtfully as persons."

A little Freudian, I know. Will you join me in this little game?

No comments: