Tuesday, February 22, 2005

More AI goodness

Damn you Simon & Simon! ((That reminded me of the 80s TV show ... the blonde brother was so cute)) How could you tempt me to watch American Idol 3 nights a week when I have so much homework to do?!! Well in case you guys were too busy to watch, here's this shortest synopsis (of my personal opinion of course) that I could come up with.

Guys on Monday:
  1. Nikko Smith - Part Time Lover - The first of many boring safe performances.
  2. Scott Savol - You are My Lady- Good voice, but when does the makeover begin? Let me risk offending someone and say that he just isn't AI material!
  3. Anthony Fedorov - Hold On to the Night - "Dull as dishwater" per Simon. I agree. *
  4. Bo Bice - Drift Away - Don't like the rocker hair, but at least he's a good performer.
  5. Travis Tucker - My Cherie Amore - I love Travis and love Stevie Wonder, but he could've done something so much more powerful.
  6. Constantine Maroulis - Kiss From a Rose - Sorry but I just can't stand this song, even when Seal sings it - better luck next week.
  7. David Brown - Never Can Say Goodbye - Healthy mix of slow and jam - well done.
  8. Jared Yates - How Could I Say Goodbye - Never even heard of this song before, I had to google it, Marc Anthony I think - bleh! *
  9. Anwar Robinson - Moon River - Why why WHY are the guys picking all these slow mellow songs?! Weren't they cute when they came out dancing, all upbeat and spunky?! The performances were such a disappointment. I still love Anwar though, he'll be back in full force next week.
  10. Judd Harris - Traveling Band - I don't even remember this guy from the auditions - at least it was upbeat, but a little too Elvis-y for me - Unfortunately I think this guy may get the teeny-bopper vote this season.
  11. Joseph Murena - How Am I Supposed to Live Without You - I don't remember this guy either - TBF said he sounded kinda like Cher. 'Nuff said. *
  12. Mario Vasquez - Do I Do - Love it. Love him. Do I see the first Hispanic American Idol on the horizon?!
Girls on Tuesday:
  1. Vonzell Solomon - Heatwave - Energetic, upbeat, very good.
  2. Amanda Avila - How am I Supposed to Live Without You (again!) - She's gorgeous, but I wasn't terribly impressed with that performance.
  3. Janay Castine - I'm Wanna Love You Forever - Sounded very nervous, shaky voice. *
  4. Carrie Underwood - Could've Been - Great 80s cut, great voice, cute girl. But is she too much like Brittany and Jessica?
  5. Sarah Mather - Get Ready - A little too throaty and nasally for my taste - Simon said she was "forgettable". *
  6. Melinda Lira - Power of Love - Okay voice but her arm movements were distracting and I hate Celion Dion's songs.
  7. Nadia Turner - ? - Excellent performance! I've never heard this song before, and couldn't google the lyrics. Doesn't matter though, she was fabulous! Go Nadia!
  8. Celena Rae - I Will Love Again - Another song I've never heard of. Good voice, but not the best performance.
  9. Mikalah Gordon - Young Hearts Run Free - What the hell was she trying to do with her voice? She was one of my faves during the auditions, but this was some crap. I'll give her another chance next week, at least she's original.
  10. Lindsey Cardinale - Standing Right Next to Me - Very enjoyable performance, even for a slow song. I think she'll go far in the competition. Oh, did you know that I love the movie 8 seconds?!
  11. Jessica Sierra - Against All Odds - She's pretty good, but this song was very meh. *
  12. Aloha Mischeaux - Work it Out - Hot, sexy performance. Very well done!
* My votes for the bottom three girls and guys on Wednesday's your-outta-here show.

Next week, in honor of the Oscars, I think I'll critique the contestants outfits instead of performances. Fun!

And for those of you continuing to search for Sharon Galvez - she didn't make the top 24 - so stop coming to my blog to read about her! Shew! Scat!

No comments: