Thursday, February 24, 2005

Wonderful


I have a favorite new commercial - 100x better than anything I saw during the superbowl. I know you've seen it by now, but indulge me.

Cut to an attractive woman in a walk-in closet. Holds up little black dress, frowns. Tries shiny pink top, tilts head as she looks in the mirror, hmmmm.

In the background we here Clapton singing:
it's late in the evening, she's
wonderin what clothes to wear...
wonderin what clothes to wear...
wonderin what clothes to wear...

The woman leans out of the closet and calmly tells her husband, "Honey, cut it out". He grins sheepishly and lets Wonderful Tonight play all the way through.

I freaking love this ad. I smile every time I see it. It's just so real, but not in a demeaning way, I guess because everybody is having a good time, and the girl keeps her cool, addresses the issue and goes back to her business of finding that perfect outfit (we should all learn to handle that situation so well!)

None of that "What am I, rich?!" bull shit like Applebees has been airing (as if the guy is the only one who pays these days!), or the degrading GoDaddy bouncing boobie ads (don't get me wrong, I love a provocative breast shot now and again, but I don't understand their need to appeal to my 14-year old nephew who doesn't have a credit card to purchase their service anyway).

But I digress. This little SBC Yahoo commercial is wonderful.

No comments: