Monday, February 7, 2005

POOPerbowl

What a waste of an evening. Luckily I didn't spend hours slaving in the kitchen for a big party. It was just the two of us eating stuffed jalapenos and ribs and watching the game. I could care less about the Super Bowl XXXIX* or professional football in general, but figured I could at least get a half-dozen laughs and a good blog post out of the commercials. Not so much. Only two were even halfway memorable:

Funniest: Ameriquest's Surprise Dinner was hilarious - husband cooking dinner and gets into a bit of a predicament with the kitty about the time his wife arrives home.

Most moving: Anheuser-Busch's tribute to our armed forces showed people applauding our US troops as they walked through the airport upon return from the middle east. *tear*. Oh, and Cedric's spots were pretty funny.

The Cadillac and Mustang commercials were boring. Especially since neither will be released for months. Hmpf.

And that is about it. Maybe I missed a couple when I got up to grab a drink or some more queso. I hope so. Did you have a favorite from 2005? Or a previous year? I miss the days of the Bud clydesdales and the frogs in the swamp...

* The only reason I was rooting for the Pats was b/c my first boyfriend in 5th grade played Little League for The Patriots. He gave me a fabulous red & white mum for homecoming or whatever their big game of the season was. It had Patriots, his number 24, and both of our names in gold glittery letters on the streamers. I kept that thing until I graduated from high school. What a sap.

No comments: