Tuesday, February 8, 2005

Bloggers ethics survey

I've received two email requests this week asking for help in college research projects focusing on blogging.

The first guy was Christopher Schultz of Bremen, Germany and just wanted to know about the blogging community, asked how I knew other bloggers I linked to, etc. I emailed him a few paragraphs and asked for a copy of his thesis when it was completed.

I got another email tonight from Andy Koh, a student at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, in the school of Communications and Information. I went ahead and took the survey - it focused on ethics, responsibility to the reader, anonymity of people we write about, citing of sources, etc. He asked for a plug, so here it is. If you have 20 minutes, you can take the survey here. It was very professional and well-done, and the only identifying info they asked for is age, years of education, country etc. The results of the study will be posted here.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for helping out a fellow grad student.

No comments: