Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday Feast

First off, just wanted to let you know that I snapped out of my 'meh' work attitude just before I uncrewed my cubicle and let all walls tumble to the floor ala Office Space. Wouldn't the ensuing maddness have made for a great post?! Oh, and besides I don't have a cubicle. Stupid private office with 4 walls and a door. Thanks for the laughs though! :)

Nice surprise - the boss let us off work at noon today. Hooray! I wanted to go to straight to the bar, but TBF intervened and reminded me I promised to email my prof a paper tonight (it was due Tue and I got an extension, oops). I initially said we could go Crickets for "a couple hours", then I'd come home and finish the paper, but he gave me THAT LOOK. Yeah, we've never gone to the bar for a couple hours, and won't be starting tonight. When we get the chance to hoop it up, we do it right! Not to mention the kind of paper I'd crank out after a half a dozen (or is that 2 dozen?) pale ales would not impress my professor.

So, case conceptualization of "Maria", here I come. But first, here's today's Friday Feast.

Appetizer - What is the worst movie you've ever seen?
Easy. Bad Santa. Horrid. I had the misfortune of watching this movie with my future-mother-in-law (whose idea was that anyway?!), which made it all the more embarrassing. I have no problem with a few well-placed 'damns' or 'shits' in a movie, but I've honestly never heard so many inappropriate 'fucks' in my life. And the poor kid ... what non-money grubbing parent would ever allow their child to co-star in this movie?!

Soup - Name something that reminds you of your childhood.
Roller rinks. My parents had some sort of chart of the stuff I was supposed to do, and rewards I'd get for doing them. The reward I almost always chose was going roller skating at 8-Wheels. An afternoon of skating with my Dad, a couple cokes, a disco ball, and the Bee Gees - what more could a kid ask for?

Salad - If you had to live in a large city, which one would you want it to be?
Um, right now I have my eye set on Austin. But if I had to leave Texas, I might shoot for Boston. We were up there a couple summers ago, and it is a marvelous town. Not to mention the coast, ah, the coast.

Main Course - What's a "big word" you like to use to impress people?
Aw, I don't use big words to impress people, or for any other reason. I keep thinking about getting one of those word-a-day calendars so increase my vocabulary. Maybe next year. If I do use big words it has to do with school - counseling stuff - probably nothing you haven't heard about in a PSYC 101 class.

Dessert - Describe your hairstyle.
Straight, all one length, about 6 inches below my shoulders, naturally brown with golden highlights. Quite lovely even if I do say so myself.

No comments: