Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Late-edy-late-late

Do you ever have one of those days when you just don't care about being late to work?

I set my alarm for 6 this morning (to work out) then snoozed it until 7 (screw the work out), then reset it again for 7:30. Mind you, I need to leave the house by 7:45 to make it to work by 8.

After I finally rolled out of bed, I took time for some yogurt and CNN headline news, a deep conditioning treatment in the shower, plus I shaved my legs (something I never take time for when I'm running late).

By this time it's already 8:15, and instead of throwing my hair up in a bun I decided to blow dry and Chi it. Then instead of grabbing my usual I'm Late Wardrobe (ie: a wash and wear sweater set), I chose a button up blouse that had to be starched and ironed.

Around 8:50 I leisurely strolled into work to find 6 voice mail messages and just as many emails - all apparent emergencies. And still I say, "Meh".

I feel kinda like Peter in Office Space after his hypnotist croaks and he just stops giving a damn about his job...

No comments: