Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Rebuilding iTunes

I received my refurbished Dell Latitude late last week, and so far it is marvelous. Fortunately, I haven't become aware of any of my old documents or papers that I just couldn't live without. And although I know all those hundreds of digital pics are gone, I couldn't tell you anything I'd be doing with them in the coming months anyway.

BUT. Starting over with iTunes is a different story. I have most everything on my iPod, and TBF even found a site explaining how to move songs from your iPod back to your hard drive (very cool). But I'm not sure if I want all those songs back on the computer. There are just so many that I never listen to, and some that I don't even like that I ripped from old CDs. So, before I move all 1800 songs to the new laptop, I'm considering starting over with my favorites first. I always thought building a new music library was kinda fun.

As I write this, I'm in one of those kinda funky - funky as in blue funk, mellow, thoughtful - moods, so if I had iTunes at work I might start with these songs:

Classic Girl (Jane's Addiction)
Leaving on a Jet Plane (Jewel)
Rocket Man (Elton John)
Every Breath You Take (Police)
Sweet Jane (Cowboy Junkies)
She's Got a Way (Billy Joel)
True Colors (Cindi Lauper)
America (Simon & Garfunkle)
The Wheel (Grateful Dead)
Romeo & Juliet (Dire Straits)
Wendy (Concrete Blonde)

So are you willing to share a couple of your favorite songs that would be among your top 10 favorites, depending on what mood you are in right NOW?

No comments: