Monday, March 21, 2005

Lousy t-shirt

I went to Austin and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Wait. I'm lying. I did go to Austin this weekend*, but I didn't get a t-shirt, I finally got another car! I've been car-less since mine was totaled in a sorry ass accident a couple weeks ago. And here is its replacement:

A '94 Camry. It's cloudy in this pic, but it is a super cool dark metallic green color (oh, how I love anything sparkly - from diamonds to easter eggs to those sporty racing boats - I'm such a sucker for all that glitters). It's a little ragged on the inside (damn previous owners, how dare you smoke in my to-be-car?!), but it drives like a dream. Ah, Japanese cars.

The best part: thanks to collision insurance and a hunk of my savings, it's paid for.

Oh, and a funny thing - this pic happens to show that there is no front license plate. My dad said it didn't matter. The state trooper who pulled me over this side of Lampasas said it DID. Hmpf.

*I spent the entire weekend eating, doing car stuff with my dad, and doing wedding stuff with my mom. Sadly no time to get down to SXSW (what kind of fun would that be with the 'rents anyway?!). And no, no sign of MooCow :(

No comments: