Sunday, March 20, 2005

Now I've said so

I've told my fiance. I've told my parents. And now I've put it out there for the blogosphere to read. If I ever have the misfortune of being in an accident that causes my brain to turn to mush and/or the doctors say I'm never going to eat/breath/relieve myself without the aid of machines, like poor Terri Schiavo, PLEASE PULL THE PLUG.

It's okay.

Truly.

I know it'll be difficult for you initially - you might think you see a sparkle in my eye when you sit down on the side of my hospital bed or perhaps the edge of my mouth turns up a smidge when you tell my about your day. But I will only truly smile again when I've moved out of that crippled and dying body. Let me go. I realize it will be hard if you are the one chosen to tell the doctors to shut off the machines - but in the long run it's better for all of us. Go ahead, it's what I want.

No comments: