Thursday, April 21, 2005

Cache?

I have to change my computer password at work every 60 days. Two Mondays ago I changed from ******* to ******. And ever since that day, my internet has been screwy. And by screwy I mean it-doesn't-work-when-I-want-it-to, which is all the time.

So the problem is that every morning when I get to work, I try to log in, and get an error message that my account has been "locked out" and to contact my network administrator. So I call K, and 2 seconds later I log in and can access everything I need to work.

But ... no internet.

It locks up again usually within minutes. The problem is that I can't keep calling and telling K that my internet is down. He might suspect that I check my gmail every half hour of that I occasionally spend a tad more than my 1/2 lunch break reading blogs. And we can't have that!

I've been very patient and tried not to bug out about it. Until today. And I guess K finally got tired of my daily calls, and he started looking into the problem. He used some sort of remote connection thing and was controlling my computer from 3 blocks away. He closed out every application one at a time, reset/ cancelled/ close out everything possible and still couldn't seem to find the problem.

The diagnosis as of 5pm was that my old password is caching out my new password, and after a certain amount of tries with the wrong password it locks me out. Maybe that makes sense to some of you, but I'm pretty clueless, and I'm okay with that. Just make it work please!

No comments: