Wednesday, April 20, 2005

AI 70s dance music

I haven't done an American Idol post in quite a while. I had good intentions, but Tuesday nights have been a little blase lately. The contestants have been inconsistent, making it hard for me to commit to a favorite. So what's up with the update tonight? Well, I just love the genre, so here ya go.

Constantine - Nights on Broadway by The Bee Gees - Good performance, but too much eyeliner tonight buddy. Unfortunately I couldn't help but think of the SNL spoof w/ Justin Timberlake & Jimmy Fallon playing the Gibbs. Ha!

Carrie - McArthur Park by Donna Summer - She said she doesn't know any 70s dance music. Blasphemous! Donna Summer is the queen. I wish she would've picked Hot Stuff, Bad Girls, or Last Dance though. I'd love for Carrie to win the whole shebang, but she's got to kick it back up a notch.

Scott - Everlasting Love by Carl Carlson - pretty solid vocals. I would've loved to see him in a disco collar or baby blue tux though. I know this sounds terrible, but I just wish that he wouldn't speak, it ruins it for me.

Anthony - Don't Take Away the Music by Tavares - I truly hate to say this, but Anthony did good tonight. I actually enjoyed his performance. Feck. I've been waiting for this guy to go home for the past month, but I don't think it's going to happen this week.

Vonzell - I'm Every Woman by Chaka Kahn - Very enjoyable. Good song choice, but too much help from the backup singers I thought. I am completely amazed how much she has improved over the past few weeks - it's like a whole new girl entered the competition.

Anwar - September by Earth Wind & Fire - FABULOUS. This time Simon was wrong (and I very rarely disagree with Simon) - Anwar's back! I'd love to see him be the next American Idol - not only is he a great singer, but I think he's a nice genuine guy and a good role model to boot.

Bo - Vehicle by Ides of March - as usual, a good performance. He's still not my favorite but I've got to give him credit for always getting the crowd going - he does NOT deserve to be in the bottom 3 again.

Although there isn't any single person I'd just be heartbroken to see go home this week, if I had to put money on it I'd say Scott will be leaving us. The way the bottom 3 has been going though, it could be absolutely anybody. And that being said, no, I don't vote. If Carrie or Anwar goes home tomorrow I will have to admit partial responsibility for not doing my part. So sue me. I think though that I'd be more likely to vote if I could vote people off instead of to keep them on.

If you could, who would you vote off this week?

No comments: