Friday, June 24, 2005

Friday Feast

It's been a while since we've chowed down on a Friday Feast, so here ya go. Have a fantastic weekend!

Appetizer: What time do you usually wake up each day? If you could choose your wake-up time, when would it be?
During the week I usually wake up at 6:45. Earlier on the rare ocassion that I work out in the morning, later when I just can't drag my lazy butt out o bed. On the later days I have to weigh my options and choose one or more depending on how late I sleep: no shower, shower but don't wash hair, wash hair but don't dry and put in bun, no ironing, no makeup. Oh, the choices of womanhood.

Soup: When was the last time you bought groceries? What store did you go to? Name 3 things you purchased.
I used to buy groceries about once a week, especially when we were doing Atkins. Now, TBF goes a lot more shopping and cooking than me. The last time though I went to United and bought stuff for mini keylime cheese cakes for work: cream cheese, milk, limes.

Salad: How many books have you read so far this year? Which was your favorite and why?
Oh, due to school I'd say an average of about 1 per month. Not near enough personal reading, I know. I've said this 100 times before, ugh. Stupid school. Primarily on Darth's recommendation I bought Time Traveler's Wife this weekend, but oh, I haven't even cracked it. I picked up a bridal magazine too. Damn priorities.

Main Course: What is something you consider to be very elegant? In particular, what about that item/place/person conjures up the feeling of elegance?
Uh, disco saddles?! No really, the first thing that came to mind is chandeliers. We had one the house where I grew up in San Angelo. I'm sure it was very small and simple, but I remember it as a huge extravagant sparkling thing of beauty. Could it be because I was only 3 feet off the ground? Anyhoo, when we moved my mom took down the chandelier and saved all the dangly crystals. Now we decorate my grandmother's Christmas tree with them each year.

Dessert: Who taught you how to drive?
Love this question. My Uncle Jerry taught me to drive. He owned a driver's ed company in the Samoan Islands in the late 70s. So after they came back to the states he was the obvious choice to take me out for my lessons. I still remember my first few starts and stops and loops around an empty parking lot on a Sunday afternoon in College Station. Thanks Uncle Jerry!

No comments: