Saturday, August 6, 2005

Help Jayde

Yesterday I posted a heartbreaking story about a child who died in a hot car. This morning I watched a beautiful story on the Today show about a Seattle photographer who helps families of terminally ill children. So when I got an email from a co-worker about an infant who suffered a stroke at birth and needs physical therapy, well I felt like I needed to share her story with you.



This is 14 month old Makaylie Jayde Garcia. Jayde has a mutated gene called Factor V Leiden. This caused her to suffer a stroke at birth and she has limited use of her left hand and arm (left hemiparesis). She needs to go to therapy for 21 days in Birmingham. The cost of the therapy is $15,000 plus travel and expenses. Because their insurance company will not cover these costs, they are asking friends and family to help out with the expenses. I don't know Jayde or her family personally, but you can click here to learn more about Jayde's condition, her parents, to see more pics, or to donate funds for her treatment.

No comments: