Saturday, September 10, 2005

Friday night


First of all, is this not one of the coolest pics ever?

1) I am drunk at 3:14am. Listening to the Boogie Nights Soundtrack. LOVE.IT. Currently: Beach Boys, God Only Knows. Sweeeeeett.

2) TBF is on the horn with his best friend in Dallas who is going through some bull shit with his wife. I mean, I thought we had some probs, but it is nothing like what they are going through. I love these guys, but really, I can't imagine dealing with the shit they are going through 24 hours a day for the next 70 years. Man. I love me some counseling...

3) Okay, why did I pick this pic and start writing tonight (besides the Sierra Vevada Pale Ale in my lap, the Cuervo shots, and the nth bourbon and diets in my tummy) is the thought of one of my newest offenders: a sweet-faced, pale-headed kid who told me that his drug of choice is OTC drugs. Upon further exploration I discovered that he loved him some Dramamine. He admitted that he kept upping his, uh, dosage to get high, but at his height, he swallowed TEN bottles of Dramamine (12 pills per bottle) in one night. He said he had some absolutely incredible hallucinations, which I'm sure he did ... up until he had a heart attack. At 22 years old. Holy shit. He said he hasn't used (except weed) since then. I hope that he can stay on my caseload, stay sober, work his recovery, avoid any more ODs, and if anything, get back to the pot to hold onto his shit once he gets off probation.

Funny, hearing this from me - the drunk one - talking about recovery, eh? Tommorow's plan (after changing the UA color at 7am - bleh) is to "sleep in" til 9, get my new car stereo installed at 10, go the Cowboy Symposium luncheon at noon (chuckwagon biscuits and gravy!), see any movie that serves popcorn with extra butter (my current recomendation is The Exorcism of Emily Rose - anyone seen it?), take a fat nap, eat some mega-mexian food (Rosas or Casa Ole) for dinner, do some internship hours at the shelter in the evening ... and just to completely rock my world, head out to the shelter where the Katrina survivors are staying for a big kick in the butt to get my priorities straight!

Well, quite a day ahead. Hope you are all doing well. Hugs! - (drunken) TB

No comments: