Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sunday night news

Isn't it odd how when we have more to do, there is somehow more time in the day? More responsibilities, but we get so much more accomplished? Then when there isn't so much to do - well - nothing gets done?!

Just me?

Six months ago I was working, in grad school, interning, studying for comps AND still managed to find time to blog. And now?! Well, let's just say I'm not working near as hard and not getting much done. Oh well, I needed a break.

So what's been going on?

* I took my lovely fake nails off last weekend. I calculated that I might've spent upwards of $500 on them last year. High price to pay for beauty. Too high. So they are gone. And now I feel like I have man-hands with these short stubby nails.

* As much as I love American Idol, it is no longer my addiction. This season's can't-live-without-it-TV: Grey's Anatomy and My Name is Earl.

* Christmas was great. Spent it in Austin with TBF, my folks, and my grandmother. I got a gorgeous sparkly tennis bracelet from TBF, some more luggage from my parents, a cashmere sweater from TBF's mom, and some several bottles of wine and wine-related goodness from friends.

* I just finished reading Gregory Maguire's, Wicked. Despite the controversy, James Frey's A Million Little Pieces is next.

* We've seen Chronicles of Narnia (just as good as I remembered the book), Hostel (horrid - complete waste of my time and money), Walk The Line (I love Reese!), Brokeback Mountain (very enjoyable, Oscar-worthy!)

* I did the typical New Years stuff, without the written resolutions: joined the gym and set a budget.

* I turned 31. Maybe more on that later.

I haven't completely committed to sticking with the blogging thing, but I'll give it another whirl. At least once a week. Here goes, friends!

No comments: