Monday, February 20, 2006

The braid makes you ... blegh!

I'll spare you a picture on this post... for now*

I saw a commercial this weekend that both cracked me up and made me throw up in my mouth a little bit, all within the same 30 second clip.

Honestly I was so shocked, that I don't even recall the brand name of the product (so much for marketing!), but here's the slogan: THE BRAID MAKES YOUR BRAVE. Think on it a second. The Braid. Makes you Brave.

You may need a little assistance on this one, because honestly, it is a little vague without the visuals. But, the "braid" refers to, well, a tampon string. Yeah, seriously. This is a tampon commercial.

So evidently when a young lady wears this tampon with a pretty braid (vs the one with just a regular old non-braided cord) she magically transforms into a more confident, courageous, and adventurous woman. Fascinating.

* P.S. I did find some interesting pics I could post here, but I know not all of you, guys especially, have a strong stomach for this kind of thing... But if you are up for it... Click here, then 3rd from the bottom click on "The Thank God I Started Tampon". Man, oh man.

No comments: