Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Picture pages, picture pages

This was my attempt at Valentine's Day on a budget. A good bottle of merlot from our favorite wine bar, La Diosa, and hand dipped chocolate covered oreos (with icing - baking clearly isn't my calling!)




And here is the gorgeous Valentine's bouquet that TBF had delivered to my office yesterday - stargazer lilies, some little purple lilies, mini white rose buds, snap dragons, carnations - all in pinks and purples, my favorite.


So while I was had the camera at my office today, I thought I'd snap a few more pics and share my 8-5 world with you guys...






The top poster reads:

SERENITY
Of all the gifts of creation,
Perhaps the greatest is the gift of Serenity.

On a lighter note, the bottom one (stolen from a 2005 calendar) reads:

PROCRASTINATION
Hard work often pays off over time,
But procrastination pays off now.

If you've somehow missed demotivators, you must check out this website asap. They are absolutely hilarious and so so true!



This is a handpainted angel that a co-worker made for a silent auction we had last Christmas. I know it's so cheesy, but she makes me smile! She faces my desk (my offenders don't have to look at her), and whenever things aren't going so well, I just take a few minutes, take a deep breath, and enjoy her simplicity... and that sexy heart tattoo on her leg! :)

I wonder what it says that I was the only bidder? And I got her for $5? Oh, shut it. I said she makes me smile!





This is my filing cabinet, the mirror where I do my eyeliner and mascara on most mornings (because I refuse to do mascara in the car, and lord knows I can't get up any earlier in the morning!), and my favorite plant.

I was given this ivy by a secret pal 4 years ago. And yes, it is not only still alive, but flourishing! But... my plant doesn't have a name. Does he/she need one?

Oh, and see the business card holder? It was made by a coworker's retired father - black iron star with a silver State of Texas medallion. Very cool.




And this is where things tend to get a little messy. Dell computer, phone, paperwork to be filed, coffee pot, kleenex, another calendar, a million lists, a zillion sticky notes, picture frames of loved ones, clock radio, oh, and another one of my favorite sayings:

DO
all the good you can ~
by all the ways you can,
in all the places you can
at all the times you can,
to all the people you can
as long as ever you can.
- John Wesley

Ahhh, the life of a probation officer. Now you know.

No comments: