Monday, April 25, 2005

New toys


I have officially lost my marbles.

This weekend I splurged on a new iPod.

I have a perfectly good 15 GB 2nd generation iPod. TBF got it for me a year or so ago, and I love it. It's gone sans case all this time, and is getting a little dinged up though, so I decided to look for a case - unfortunately there are not too many accessories out there for the 2G. He's mentioned several times that he'd like to get me a new one. But my response was always, "I don't need a new one, let's put that money toward the wedding" or some such.

But this weekend I snapped.

I bought a used 4th generation 20GB iPod on eBay. I've used a 3G before, and I don't like that style with the horizontal control buttons at all, so I had to upgrade to the 4G. HAD to. Now I'm all click wheel. Awesome. I picked up a new iSkin eVo2 too (ghost white - then it glows blue in the dark - cool). And I already have some great Sony MDR-EX71 headphones (because everybody knows that iPod earbuds suck the big one).

I haven't gone clothes-shopping in months. I have an old car. We don't buy new furniture or expensive art or fancy wine. I do get my nails done every few weeks. And by God, in 3 days I am going to have more space than I know what to do with and the hottest iPod on the block. Woot!

No comments: