Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Training

I am out of town all week for a training. I'm actually learning how to facilitate a lengthy cognitive change course. It is designed for criminal offenders, so hopefully none of my dear readers have ever heard of it.

Anyway, the trainers are nice enough, but the training itself kinda bites (or am I just not in the mood for group participation this week?). I have been consumed by flip charts, list-making and role playing all day, and so much repetition of the core concepts that I think I may pour scalding hot coffee on my lap tomorrow as an excuse to leave class for a couple hours. A 3rd degree cootchie burn in the ER is bound to be more fun than this stuff.

I'm sure that I will continue my bitching tomorrow, but for now, I have to go do my homework. Yeah, actual homework assignments for a damn training seminar. Is 32 hours of our week not enough to learn the curriculum? Must we do another hour of studying and "thinking reports" on our own time? Do I need more practice identifying situations, thoughts, feelings, and beliefs?

Maybe I do:

Situation - I am alone at 10:52pm in a cold dark room doing homework for a seminar.
Thoughts - This sucks. I should be out partying on Sixth Street right now. Damn responsibility. Isn't Austin supposed to be fun? I'm pissed that they kept us until 5pm today. And who do they think they are assigning homework every night? Jeez, 27 more classroom hours to go. I have a sporty little rental car with a moonroof and a department gas card... Hmmm...
Feelings - Frustrated. Tired. Overwhelmed. Irritated. Missing home.
Core beliefs - Austin should always be a party.

I wonder if this would be inappropriate to turn in for tomorrow?

No comments: