Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Alas! Ear wax!

This weekend I finished my first Harry Potter book - yep, just finished The Sorcerer's Stone in 2005. Yikes. After all the hubbub from the most recent release of the 6th book, and trying to avoid reading anything that spoiled who died, I decided to go ahead and give the series a whirl - from the beginning.

No, I can't really explain how or why I managed to go eight years without ever getting started on J.K.Rowling's series. I think more than anything else I was shocked by how many bloggers were reading it. Okay, I'll admit it, I'm a little late but I'm now a follower of Harry, Ron, and Hagrid!

I'll get Chamber of Secrets this week. I've heard a couple of folks say the 4th book (Goblet of Fire) isn't so great, and I only have a limited amount of time before classes start this fall and I have to re-commit to textbook reading. Should I skip that one? Any other Harry Potter knowledge I need to be aware of before continuing my Hogwarts journey?

No comments: