Monday, September 5, 2005

Bueller?


Welp, I'm officially a teacher now ... a "facilitator" to be more exact. I went to a 4-day training in Austin several months ago. The training was a little rough - I'm not really one for skits and role-play, of which we did loads. But I got certified. We finally got off our tushes and decided on class dates and got a full class of 10 registered. The first session was last Thursday. I was actually surprised (and hugely relieved!) at how well it went. I was fortunate enough to already know all of the participants, which made me a little more comfortable in front of the group. I'll be facilitating with a co-worker on Thursdays and with the director of the department on Sundays! As if I wasn't nervous enough already! So we'll be meeting twice a week for the next 11 weeks, and in the mean time I'll be getting about 60 internship hours out of the way. My last internship... ugh... a whole new story for tomorrow.

No comments: